Saturday, February 25, 2012

I am an Artist






This is a sticker every artist should have! I love serving my community but to keep doing art and writing one has to have some of the time adaquately paid for or have a day job.

It is an interesting time for me, moving from mostly voluntary work in writing and art, to endeavouring to make a living out of it. If I can be very successful one day then maybe I can be like our great entrepenuers and sponsor others. I love seeing successful authors who are doing this, they are my role models, but there is a step inbetween (or several to be able to do that).

Arts in the framework of not for profit, should not mean starving artists and writers living on the breadline.

So they next time you want to ask an artist to do something for your event, function, or project, do consider paying them for their efforts and consider they will put the money to great use, and it will probably go to their time to create more art.



(c) June Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment